My Blog List

Lizzy Boo!!!

My photo
Houston/Huntsville, TX

Friday, September 3, 2010

Reading summary/Lecture #2

I really like the readings we had to do because I agree with the most part to what it said. What is art? Other people may consider what you consider art not art at all. Everyone has a different way at seeing what art is, some consider art things they can relate to or is appealing to them. Art doesn't have to be something beautiful at all times art can be ugly as well. According to lecture art has to be something an artist thought of, or an image of a person, it has to inspire thought and emotions. There are also representations, one thing stand in for another. Different styles of representation are naturalistic: as in nature, realistic: true to life, stylized: simplified to emphasize important details, abstract: highly stylized (may not be recognizable), and non-representational: art not based on the real world. I believe art is in the eye of the beholder because everyone has a different way of seeing things and likes and dislikes so I can't really argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment