My Blog List

Lizzy Boo!!!

My photo
Houston/Huntsville, TX

Friday, September 3, 2010

Cardboard Madness

my first cut out                with a few detail
The first week working on this seem crazy I had no idea how to recreate my strawberry out of cardboard. I thought that it would be easier to just start out with the piece with less detail as possible. It was my first time working with cardboard and I didn't think it would be so hard. I really had to use pressure to cut through the cardboard and that didn't work out so well so what I did next was just use sand paper to smooth out the edges of my cardboard and get it as rounded as possible. The top piece that the strawberry is attached to was a little more difficult, I didn't know how to make it round or get it to cover the opening in between my strawberry shape. So what I did was just cut out a round piece glue it to the sides of the strawberry shape and start with the detail which will eventually cover up the top of the strawberry and all around as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment