My Blog List

Lizzy Boo!!!

My photo
Houston/Huntsville, TX

Monday, September 27, 2010

Menil Questions

a. The most enjoyable thing I saw was the Flavin installation. I like the way the colors were set up in a constant pattern according to colors. It made me want to dance, I felt happy.
b. The most disturbing thing I saw was the Pestle in the form of a Phallus, I feel uncomfortable looking at human private parts. The similarity it had to a mans penis was a little shocking.
c. The piece in the museum I would most likely make is a Cy Twombly painting. I can't really draw but I do like weird and abstract painting so a bunch of scribble like Cy Twombly's painting is what I would most likely be able to do.
d. What made me curious was how can some of the artist for example Mark Rothko's Plum & Brown was made. How can someone work with such a big scaled canvas.
e. I believe the Rothko Chapel building structure along with the way the inside is set up really helps his paintings and make everything come together nicely. It isn't overwhelming its actually very simple just like the paintings themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment