My Blog List

Lizzy Boo!!!

My photo
Houston/Huntsville, TX

Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Critique

In my critique my group told me that a lot of my dots had a similar form. The size of the dots didn’t have a large range in size. There was only one size to my biggest and a similar size for my smallest dot. The bigger dots took over my space and there wasn’t enough negative space in the square for the rest of the dots to pop out. I didn’t want mine to look like everyone else’s which is why I chose to exaggerate. I wanted the big dot to take up most of the space so that it could look as though it was over powering the littlest dot. I also tried to use in most of my 40 sketches the least amount of dots to portray one of the four Gestalt principles. By looking at my work you can tell that there was direction in most of the compositions there was also a focus on the position and form the dots had. I tried to keep my dots organized and not all over the place. Next time I’ll try to make it more spontaneous and less disciplined. I didn’t like the fact that we were constricted into using only 3-6 dots I think that was the main problem that didn’t allow me to expand my ideas. The limited amount of space to draw on was also another challenge, but at the end I was able to come up with 40 different sketches. I did run out of ideas and so a few of them were created out of boredom and non creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment